TESTIMONY: Efrosinia – “I was working in the fields when I saw the big trucks bringing the Jews towards the pit. The women were screaming, tearing their hair out.”
BASIC INFO: During the 14 days of research in Ukraine, the Yahad – In Unum team investigated in 27 towns and villages in the Kirovograd region. This investigation was to open the field of research within this central region of Ukraine.
During this research mission, the Yahad – In Unum team identified 20 graves of which nearly 45% are without memorial and therefore completely unknown, interviewed 45 witnesses.
PLACES: BOBRYNETS, BERESLAVKA, BEREZUVATKA, USTYNIVKA, SADKY, NOVOMYKHAILIVKA, NOVOSHEVTCHENKOVE, VASYLIVKA, NOVOGLYNIANE, DOBROVELYCHKIVKA, CONGE, KHMELIOVE, NOVOGRYGORIVKA, NOVOMYRGOROD, LYSTOPADOVE, MARTONOSHA, KRYMKY, OLEKSANDRIYA, MARTO-IVANIVKA, TORGOVYTSIA, NOVOARKHANGELSK, VELYKA VYSKA, PEREGONIVKA, PIDVYSOKE.
– The mass evacuation of the Jewish population;
– The investigation of the settlements and missing Jewish collective farms which disappeared in the south of the region;
– The use of film as anti-Soviet Nazi propaganda;
– The camps of Soviet prisoners of war;
– The use of wells for the shootings of the Jewish victims.